The Queens online Master of Arts in Communication pairs proven principles, tools and tactics with new and emerging media trends. This strong foundational approach ensures your communication strategy stays current and effective amidst the changing communication landscape.
Why students choose Queens for the MA in Communication:
- Flexible scheduling: Enroll online or on-ground
- Accelerated option: Graduate in 1.5 years
- Customization: Choose from two specializations or electives that are relevant to your career path
- Small class sizes: Students can expect personalized attention and interaction with faculty
- Career support: Career advisors assist with resume building, interview preparation and job searches
- Professional Portfolio: In lieu of a comprehensive exam, students create a portfolio that can be showcased to employers and colleagues
- No GRE or Application fee is required for admission
QUEENS UNIVERSITY OF CHARLOTTE
Ranked a Top 15 University in the Southeast Region
Choose from two in-demand specializations
- Organizational Communication
Learn the theory and practice of effective leadership and team building within an organizational setting to advance an organization's mission or goals.
- Strategic Communication
Learn to develop effective messages for specific audiences and advance an individual’s organization’s mission and goals using various communication platforms.
- Demonstrate theoretical and research literacy within the communication discipline
- Demonstrate the ability to write effectively for a specific audience
- Apply ethical principles and practices within a communication situation
- Utilize communication to embrace differences
- Demonstrate digital and media literacy (Strategic Communication)
- Apply leadership principles and practices within a communication situation (Organizational Communication)
Stand-alone certificates are available
Those looking to gain exposure to the field of communication and individuals looking to enhance their skillset may alternatively choose a 15-credit hour standalone certificate. These certificates can be taken individually or combined. Students who complete both certificates will earn the 30 credit hour M.A. in Communication.
"The program offered an entirely new type of knowledge and skills that I didn't have and taught me to be more strategic in my approach."